Welcome

fast pace blog: http://fromphysicstometaphysicsfastpace.blogspot.com/

Historical Background

Saturday 4 February 2012

pg19 How can body be manipulated by Mind? - Illusory Nature of my body.

Part II Understand what my body is?

Topic 4 - The reality of objects – The Illusory View - All objects are Concepts
 

How can body be manipulated by Mind? - Illusory Nature of my body.

We are coming gradually to the core of our study – how mind manipulates body.  In order to answer this question, we have to clarify what is the reality of a body on which mind is acting.  This is a philosophical question.  A human body (and other objects) has both illusory and objective characteristics.  We’ll talk about the illusory characteristics first. 

My body is a concept, rather than any matter. 

What is my body?  Is it my material body?  Notice that my body today is different from my body decades ago.  The contents in my body is changing all the time.  As I understand, all of my body cells are refreshed every 7 years.  So, it’s not right to claim my body as my material body.  Which material body?  Today, or 10 years ago?  The material body at what time?  Since each person has just one body, rather than many bodies, one for each moment, we can only say “my body” is a concept represented by the genetic codes in my DNA, which are not changing and are regulating the material content of my body at any moment.  That is, my body is not any particular matter, but certain information codes.  In essence, people recognize my body as me not because of the particular material content of my body, but of the characteristics of me represented by my DNA codes.  This is a very important fact about the reality of my body.  My body is not any matter but a “concept”, although it looks like matter at any particular moment. 

(Note: Alternatively, if one wishes, he could “define” the actual material content of his body at a particular moment as his body.  But if that is the definition chosen, as soon as his material content is refreshed the next moment, by definition that original material body is dead, and a new body is born.  This is not the habitual way we look at it.  It’s important to be consistent of definitions in any discussion.  That is, whichever definition we choose, we should be clear about the definition chosen and stick to it throughout the discussion.) 

What is the reality of all objects in general?  We’ll talk about it next.  

                                                                                                                         Pg 19      

If reading more helps to understand better, you may visit my fast pace blog at: http://FromPhysicsToMetaphysicsFastPace.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment